Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Best Women's Suit for Lifeguards?

• I have purchased several suits for my daughter for her new job as a lifeguard at the YMCA. They are all wearing pretty quickly because of the high chlorine, the sun and general wear.
    Does anyone have a suggestion of a good suit at a mid-range price that will take the lifeguard punishment?
    Thanks!

• I have purchased several suits for my daughter for her new job as a lifeguard at the YMCA. They are all wearing pretty quickly because of the high chlorine, the sun and general wear.
    Does anyone have a suggestion of a good suit at a mid-range price that will take the lifeguard punishment?
    Thanks!
    The best wearing suits are the Penbrook krinkle material. They hold up beautifully to chlorine. I HAVE 5-6 of them in all different colors and they last a very long time. I play water volleyball 2 hours, twice a week and have never had an issue, even with the active movements. They fit well, are true to size and are comfortable to wear and still look like new months and months later.

• You need a polyester suit to hold up in chlorine pools.
    I have bought many here at Swim outlet and have recommended
    it to many ladies who take my deep water class. They have many brands
    and styles to choose from, and last a long time.

• Unfortunately, if you are required to wear a "guard" suit, even the high quality polyester suits wear out faster than their competitive sister suits. Not sure why this is the case - but it has been tested by several guards that also swim competitively.

• Best "Guard" suits are the polyester suits made by Dolfin.
    • The other trick is to have several suits which are alternated throughout the week. This helps the longevity of all the suits.

Hope this is helpful.
    Swim Coach

• Yes, I agree with Mary E, the polyester Gurd suits are really good ones.