Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Goggles....

• We have only been in competitive swimming for about a year. Our swimmer is 12 years old. We purchased him MP Michael Phelps Mirrored Xceed Goggle - Blue/Black/Titanium Blue Mirrored Lens from you and he loves them but they sometimes fog up. Just wondering if you have any tips on how to keep them easy to see out of.

• I usually spit in my googles before i swim and then wash them out. Gross, but they dont fog. You could also try anti-fog sprays. Good luck!

• Old school trick that still works: rub baby shampoo on the lens (inside, of course), then wipe off. No fogging.

• I like JAWS Quick Spit best.

For me the Sport brand has been superior to the big names.

• i agree there are many anti fog sprays out there but you can't beat the classics (spitting)

• speed sockets are the best!

• Spit and lick is the best way I've found to keep goggles clean. Tried and true method and way way better (and cheaper) than any spray I've ever bought. Save yourself a few bucks!

• I have been swimming for many years now, and honestly, I've never spit in my goggles. I would just drop them in the water real quick, or wipe them with my thumbs. But someone on one of these forums mentioned trying not to take the goggles off at all during swimming, because that just makes it worse. I tried that today at the pool - keeping them on the whole time - and it worked! Although towards the end they started to fog, it wasn't nearly as bad as if I were to keep wiping them with my thumbs. Maybe I should try the spit method as well...

• I like Maggie's idea of quickly dipping the goggles in the pool and drying them. Never liked spitting although most swimmers do the spit method.

• T he better anti-fog goggles are already coated when new. That surface is best not touched by anything. After some time they will start to fog. Then a thorough cleaning and treating with an anti-fog product usually works. I have never found pool water very helpful for more than a lap.

• Goggles fogging up has always been a huge issue for me until my swim instructor suggest me to wash the lens with hand soap. I do it everytime before and after I swim in the pool and it never fogs again. I think any hand soap would work. Before that, I took advice from people here and spit in my goggles, that worked too but I prefer washing them with soap now. Do not ever wipe the lens with your fingers, because they are dirty and it's going to film up your lens and make it fog even worse.

• I don't have those specific googles but what I do for my googles is when I get in the water dip them in the water for about 30 seconds and then they shouldn't fog up for an hour or so.

• Michelle W said:

Goggles fogging up has always been a huge issue for me until my swim instructor suggest me to wash the lens with hand soap. I do it everytime before and after I swim in the pool and it never fogs again. I think any hand soap would work. Before that, I took advice from people here and spit in my goggles, that worked too but I prefer washing them with soap now. Do not ever wipe the lens with your fingers, because they are dirty and it's going to film up your lens and make it fog even worse.

I too advocate using a bit of soap, in my case, shampoo from my kit bag. I usually wait to see when or if they fog before I use the shampoo. Make sure you rinse them well, or your eyes will pay for it.