Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Snacks for Swim Meets

• What are good snack choices for meet days? Are there any foods we should avoid?

• Having played football for many years (which definitely isn't swimming) I can share a bit.

The night before a game I would always try to load up on carbs. That means spaghetti or some other form of pasta/lasagna. The day of I would have a solid breakfast and keep hydrated throughout the day.

I would avoid heavy foods that require a lot of energy to break down (red meats like steak) both the night before and the day of.

Hope this helps!

• I like bagels or Trader Joe's tofu spring rolls

• Pasta and bananas should be in every swimmer's cooler. Other fruits such as grapes, strawberries, and melons are all really great because of the natural sugars. You should definitely stay away from high processed foods and food with a large amount of sugar.

• I would highly suggest packing nutrient/calorie rich foods that are easily digested and not to heavy. Examples: fruit, trail mix, beef jerky, pasta(little or no sauce) and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Avoid fried and processed things with bad fats and little-to-no nutritional value. Hope this helped!

• Hi Lacey! I'm 2-time Olympian Chloe Sutton! Hopefully I can help!

My favorite snacks were bananas, trail mix, granola bars, grapes, and PB&Js. HOWEVER, you need to find what works best for your body. MY mantra is "Tried and true, nothing new".

Find snacks that have carbs and proteins for the best long-lasting energy.

Good luck!

• Oh, how cool to hear an olympian's take!

• Awesome! My advice lined up with an Olympian. Awesome having you on the board, Chloe!

• Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll have to compile a list for my swimmer to look over and decide what she thinks she'd like.

• I always eat apples and oranges, something light like yogurt and nuts.

• Hey there! I like to load up on carbs the day before, but watch what I eat the day of. Snacks I pack in my swim bag includes popcorn, granola bars, and sports drinks!