Women's
Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Hi Everyone! I'm Chloe Sutton - Beijing and London Olympian!

• Hi Everyone! I'm Chloe Sutton - Beijing and London Olympian!

I will be here commenting on the community forums all week long! Feel free to ask me any questions that you might have. I will be browsing the forums and commenting in places where I might have some insight! See you all around the message boards!

• I know many Olympians say that the Olympic Trials are more stressful than the actual games. How was it for you? Also which of your Olympic games or trials is most memorable to you?

• The trials are definitely more stressful and the meet is so much more exciting! The USA Trials know how to hype an event! They had fire coming out of water!!! Sometimes making the team is the hardest part.

In 2008, I qualified for Beijing in March in open water, so when I arrived at trials there wasn't any pressure. In 2012, it was a completely different experience. I had no idea if I was going to be able to make the team and I was terrified. When I qualified in the 400, it was insane how much emotion flows through you. You're proud, excited, and yet still terrified that the Olympics is still ahead of you. It's all such a surreal experience that is very difficult to articulate. A lifetime of dedication and sacrifice finally comes to fruition. Nothing compares.

• Hi, Ms. Chloe Sutton! My name's Clarence Pryor from Greensboro, NC. I'm 31 and I have autism. What advice can you give me to become fully dedicated to be stronger and battle the toughest swimmers around with honor and determination?

• No questions but I wanted you to know how much I've enjoyed watching you in national and international competition

• Could you talk a little about what the athletes are doing to prepare themselves for their particular races during the days leading up to their event? What's life like in the Okympic Village? Thanks so much!

• Hi Chloe, great to hear from you. Could you tell us a little about the training programs elite swimmers like yourself use to prepare for competition. What was your typical day in the pool like? What are some of the differences between sprinters and longer distance swimmers? Thanks and have a great day.

• Could you talk a little about what the athletes are doing to prepare themselves for their particular races during the days leading up to their event? What's life like in the Okympic Village? Thanks so much!

In the days leading up, you're trying to rest as much as possible, eat healthy, and fall into a comfortable routine. Massages, team meetings, short practices. You spend a lot of time with your teammates trying to distract yourself from the nerves while remaining focused. It's a lot like every swim meet you've ever been to as far as the preparation. You don't want to do anything different. Obviously there are differences since you're at a much different kind of event, but you try to convince yourself that its the same.

The Village is AMAZING! First of all, its every country. There are so many different cultures all converging in one spot! I loved trying to talk to, or mime to, as many people as possible. You also have every extreme of body type! You have the super tall basketball players next to the tiny gymnasts, The huge weightlifters next to the skinny marathon runners. It's incredible to see the extremes that a person can change their body for a sport. The dining hall has all the food you could ever imagine and is huge. Its really an incredible place.

You feel like you're a part of something so much bigger than yourself. You're a part of Team USA! Wearing the red, white, and blue uniforming fills you with so much pride. It's incredible.

• Thank you so much for the insight! It sounds like an amazing experience! Can't wait to cheer Team USA on starting this weekend! #swimunited

• Hi Chloe. What did yu you think of the four awomen 4x100 swimmers? Were their others on the team that were fresher and more experienced than Ledeckey and Vollmerand perhaps better to swim tjw event?

• Hey Chloe! As we were watching the Olympics, there's a breast stroke swimmer from Great Britain named Chloe Tutton! It made me think of you. :-)

• I saw her too, and, same!

• Chloe, what are some of your favourite pool workouts?