Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Goggles and Raccoon Eyes

• Any recommendations for goggles that do not cause raccoon eyes for a female with a small face? I've tried numerous pairs and all result in the same problem (some worse than others). My latest pair is Aqua Sphere Kaiman EXO Lady Swim Goggles which are nice and clear in the water, which fit nicely but still cause raccoon eyes. I've tried a swim mask (Aqua Sphere) which solves this problem but I find it's hard to maintain a good seal on them consistently.

• Any recommendations for goggles that do not cause raccoon eyes for a female with a small face? I've tried numerous pairs and all result in the same problem (some worse than others). My latest pair is Aqua Sphere Kaiman EXO Lady Swim Goggles which are nice and clear in the water, which fit nicely but still cause raccoon eyes. I've tried a swim mask (Aqua Sphere) which solves this problem but I find it's hard to maintain a good seal on them consistently.

Are your straps pulled really tight? The straps on Aqua Sphere goggles and masks are designed to work without being super tight. This also helps to reduce the pressure on your face. It also helps to not push the lenses on to your eyes. Yes, this will create good suction, but may also be a little too much suction.

Have you tried a Regular fit Kaiman Exo? This goggle will be 20% larger than the Kaiman Lady and will fit a little bit further outside of the soft tissue of the inner eye.

Curious as to which mask you have tried..?

• I use the Aqua Sphere Vista Swim Mask Goggle. I find no raccoon eyes. I also don't have an issue with the seal. I find that it keeps the water out. Have to make sure that it doesn't overlap your swim cap or the seal will be broken. but otherwise, don't have any issue. On my second pair!

• I've got a set of Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 goggles. I love them! They don't have to be very tight to make a good seal. Now if only I remembered to remove my eyeliner before my pre-swim shower - then I wouldn't have raccoon eyes! Hahaha

• I always push the goggles onto my eyes to form a seal, so this might be part of my problem. I also could have a strap tightness issue. I will play around with how loosely I can get the straps without leakage. I have a small nose bridge so I have pretty much stuck with Women specific goggles because regular goggles seem to always leak on me. I may also be able to wear junior styles which might be worth experimenting with as I now have a young swimmer in the family I could pass along my rejects too.

The mask I tried was the Aqua Sphere Lady's Vista. Some days it works great, other days not so much so I don't really get it. I always have a pair of regular goggles on deck with me so my workout doesn't take twice along due to goggle adjustments.

• This is what I bought too- Lady's version. Good point about the swim cap overlap--maybe that explains my strange some times problem with these goggles.

• Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give these a try!

I've got a set of Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 goggles. I love them! They don't have to be very tight to make a good seal. Now if only I remembered to remove my eyeliner before my pre-swim shower - then I wouldn't have raccoon eyes! Hahaha

• Everybody's eye socket shape is different, so you have to find the goggle that fits your face without need for the strap to be too tight. Slight pressure on the front of the lens into your face should produce a vacuum seal that holds even without the strap.