Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

hydration

• As a swimmer, I think one of the most important things throughout the entire season and during a meet is to be drinking plenty of water on and off the deck. Especially, in reusable containers to cut down on waste.

• I didn't drink enough water when I first started swimming again. I felt my lungs and chest dry. And in the pool, you don't realize how hot your body is. I drink at least 20oz every time I swim.

• Agree! Hydration very important..

• I recently bought a Contigo water bottle with a straw, and it does wonders at keeping me hydrated! I seem to slowly sip on it because I'm simply bored, and I will easily finish a liter of water in 10 minutes. Great way to stay hydrated without even trying.

• I recently bought a Contigo water bottle with a straw, and it does wonders at keeping me hydrated! I seem to slowly sip on it because I'm simply bored, and I will easily finish a liter of water in 10 minutes. Great way to stay hydrated without even trying.

My sister and I LOVE the Contigo water bottles!!!

• As a swimmer i belive hydration is one of the most important aspects of nutrition and health in the sport. its especially important because your body is made up of about 60% water and you lose a ton while swimming. I always have my water bottle right with me while swimming and drink a lot after each set. A good i deal is to have a water bottle and and energy drink and switch out depending on what type of workouts you are doing and for how long you are doing it.
    hope this helps.

• I agree! I tell all of my swimmers and try to remind myself that hydration is important. Just because we're in the water - doesn't mean we're drinking enough!

• Totally agree. It's amazing how many people understand nutrition and can follow a strict diet for losing weight or muscle gain yet still neglect proper hydration. it's very much a habit thing. I know that when I get in the habit of drinking the right amount of water I start to feel worse when I forget to drink water because of work or travel. I always make sure to have a bottle on the deck when I'm doing my lap swimming or with me in the car, my desk, etc.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Great advice