Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Favorite/most interesting stories

• Hey guys! As the summer season winds down for me and one of my last seasons working as a guard closes (damn you real world!) I started to think about some of my favorite stories from years past and thought this could be a fun forum to share some memories, stories, etc. from all the other lifeguards!

• Not sure if it was just my pool that did this— but our lifeguards LIVED off of Otter Pops all summer long and you'd always find the wrappers left behind in our lifeguard hip packs!

Good times :-)

• One of the places I used to work at had two pools, one indoor and a smaller outdoor pool. There was a small outside passage behind both the indoor and outdoor pool used for evacuations/smoke breaks/storage/etc. One year, the coaches for the swim team had been using an electronic megaphone and they of course left it behind in the indoor pool. So, of course one day when there was nobody in either pool and we were bored to death, my partner in the indoor pool decided to have a little fun with me. So, he took the megaphone and snuck out the back door to that passage behind the outside pool. I was sitting on the guard chair with my back to the wooden fence when my buddy hit the siren on the megaphone. Needless to say I jumped about ten feet in the air and we all had a good laugh. Of course I had to pay him back the next day with a bucket of water launched over the fence. Nothing like a job where you can sneak in a little fun too.

• "Not sure if it was just my pool that did this— but our lifeguards LIVED off of Otter Pops all summer long and you'd always find the wrappers left behind in our lifeguard hip packs!"

Had to google Otter Pops. They seem similar to the Flavor Ice pops they handed out at the end of the day at a summer camp I guarded at. Of course the guards, having nothing to do at that point were often ordered to pass out the ice pops. Good times indeed.