Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Connor Jaeger Q&A

• What is your favorite twch suit to were at worlds/the olympics.

• Jessica R58 said:

What is your favorite twch suit to were at worlds/the olympics.

My personal favorite was the Arena Carbon Air suite. It had just enough of their carbon technology in it to give me compression during the race, but not so much compression that it hurt my legs by the end of the race. For distance events I think that the Carbon Air is the smartest. If you are swimming something shorter I would go with Carbon Flex or Carbon Ultra

• How do you manage to pick up your tempo at the end of races while maintaining such a good distance per stroke

• This post is deleted!

• Conner. Do you use all four strokes in practice? Is your workout as n c combination or solely free style? Thanks Greg

• greg b said:

Conner. Do you use all four strokes in practice? Is your workout as n c combination or solely free style? Thanks Greg

I did a lot of IM training. My junior year of college I started training for the 400 IM. Obviously majority of my training in practice was freestyle, but I would say that I was having 1 if not 2 major sets a week that were IM based. I always felt like it helped keep my freestyle more fresh throughout the week.

• Did you have any favorite recipes that were simple to make as a student athlete? As a college swimmer myself, I sometimes find it difficult to cook in the evening because I am hangery and exhausted after a long day of morning practice, weights, classes, and afternoon practice. I've been longing to find a meal that is nutritious and is easy to make, but I have not found such luck yet.

• How do you train the 1500m and distance events? Is there ever a taper in yardage?

• Hi Sebastian,

When training for distance events, you need to make sure you're getting in your yardage every single day. However, there is still a taper! I suggest asking a local coach for a training plan.

Hope this helps!