Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Holiday Gift Ideas

• My mom is an entry-level triathlete and wants some swim gear for Christmas. Can anyone suggest a few gift ideas for a beginner in the pool?

Thanks!

• I would get her a pull buoy because during triathlons you usually use your arms so you can save your legs strength for the rest :)

• I suggest a couple different pairs of goggles, a pull buoy, and a kickboard. Trying different goggles will give her an idea of what type/style she prefers. Facilities are inconsistent in what equipment they provide for patron use, so having your own kickboard and pull buoy is ideal for any swimmer. As she improves, you can get a little more specialized with gifts like fins, paddles, and snorkels!

• Honestly i would suggest some cool accessories like a watch or a wristband. Can never go wrong with a watch.

• I would suggest some paddles such as the finis agility, to help refine the pull.

• Julie H said:

I would get her a pull buoy because during triathlons you usually use your arms so you can save your legs strength for the rest :)

Hi Julie,

That is great advice, I had never thought of that! A buoy would be a very practical gift!

• Randy C said:

I suggest a couple different pairs of goggles, a pull buoy, and a kickboard. Trying different goggles will give her an idea of what type/style she prefers. Facilities are inconsistent in what equipment they provide for patron use, so having your own kickboard and pull buoy is ideal for any swimmer. As she improves, you can get a little more specialized with gifts like fins, paddles, and snorkels!

I love this— a little swimmer's starter pack!

• Jim B said:

I would suggest some paddles such as the finis agility, to help refine the pull.

I love the agility paddles and I bet she would too! Thank you, Jim.

• Andreas T said:

Honestly i would suggest some cool accessories like a watch or a wristband. Can never go wrong with a watch.

That would be a great gift! Do you have a specific watch that you would suggest?

Thanks!

• A gift idea for after the pool is Swimspray. My swimmer loves the stuff and when she gets in the car after being in the pool for hours I don't smell chlorine. I'm looking forward to seeing how well it does in the Winter months. Last year we dealt with very dry/sore skin. I'm hoping Swimspray helps relieve that issue this year.