Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Picking the right suit for me

• Hi, I recently bought a carbon Ultra but after changing my weight training my thighs got bigger and the suit didn't fit properly to conform. I ended up not wearing the flex for my championship meet because it cut off the circulation in my legs and when I raced my legs went numb. I now have no idea which suit to buy. I am looking for a suit that is not too tight on the legs but still provides compression. I am completely torn between the arena carbon flex, TYR avictor and the speedo lzr and lzr X. I swim 200 breaststroke and the 400 IM as well as 200 IM and 100 breaststroke. Recommendations please?

• Renata C said:

Hi, I recently bought a carbon Ultra but after changing my weight training my thighs got bigger and the suit didn't fit properly to conform. I ended up not wearing the flex for my championship meet because it cut off the circulation in my legs and when I raced my legs went numb. I now have no idea which suit to buy. I am looking for a suit that is not too tight on the legs but still provides compression. I am completely torn between the arena carbon flex, TYR avictor and the speedo lzr and lzr X. I swim 200 breaststroke and the 400 IM as well as 200 IM and 100 breaststroke. Recommendations please?

Hi Renata, I think the Arena Carbon Flex would be best suited for your body type and your specific event(s). It is built for Breaststrokers and Distance Swimmers that need a little more flexibility and therefore allows for better range of movement as well as increased circulation. There are a few different versions that are offered and any one of them would be a good choice. We have the Arena Carbon Flex, Arena Carbon Flex VX, and the Arena Carbon Flex Limited Edition. Good Luck!