Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Benefits of swimming?

• What are the benefits of swimming? I have been swimming for years and have heard that swimming is really good for you, but I’m not exactly sure why. Is it because you burn a lot of calories or are there more benefits than that?

• I may be biased, but swimming is one of the best exercises you can do in terms of benefits for the body beyond just burning a lot of calories. Some of which include; increased flexibility, stronger core, toned muscles, it’s low impact-- which means happy joints, cardiovascular conditioning, increased lung capacity, and of course, it’s a big calorie burner. And did I mention it’s fun?!

• Banned

It improves your fitness, Helps people recover from accidents and illness, Fight against aging, Stress Release and it gives you a chance to relax and forget about work, problems, and other things. For more information visit Ear Plugs for Swimming.

• I met an older gentleman at the pool yesterday who was hospitalized for 3 months after a heart surgery. He was in the pool swimming (taking it easy, of course) and he told me it helped him mentally and physically. Such a cool thing to hear!

• Swimming is one of the very few low impact, total body work outs a person can do. Different strokes/activities challenge various muscle groups; however, swimming always engages the full body. In addition to the physical benefits, the coordination needed for any swim stroke challenges mental function for an added brain workout! Finally, the medium (water) that we work out in help some folks find an almost meditative state during their exercise.

• Hi there, swimming help us to live healthy life, reduce stress and build muscles.

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Swimming is a relaxing exercise. It makes your mind, body, and soul in good shape. It can improve your heart and lung capacity and help you stay flexible. It lowers stress and depression. It can help in reducing overweight and make your body healthy. It is better to swim in a clean and pure water else it can cause health issues like hearing loss and skin irritation. Recently I came across an article that describes the health benefits of swimming (http://www.soldapools.com/blog/service-and-information/health-benefits-swimming/). The article points out the fact that backstroke swimming can burn the calories and reduce the cholesterol level. I was seriously suffering from obesity. Once I started swimming, I was able to see a drastic change in my body weight within 6 months.

• The benefits of swimming is help others improve and get stronger together. I vow to do the same with honor and determination. Let's do our part to help.

• I have a physical disability, & I've always been told that swimming is the best exercise for me. It really helps keep my muscles limber, and also helps keep me in shape. :) :)