Men's
Kids'
Gear
Facility
Shop By Activity
Shop Sale
Shop By Brand

Savage Signature Racing Brief

• I recently purchased a Savage Racing Brief and I absolutely love it. The comfort and fit is great. I am thinking about purchasing a Turbo polo brief and I'm hoping it will fit the same but I have heard that they fit much different than a basic brief. Can anyone comment on this? I have worn Clubswim, Sporti, Waterpro and Splish Rainbow in the past. The Savage and Sporti are my favorite. I was not satisfied with the comfort and feel of the Splish Rainbow suit. Another thing is I really wish more guys would start wearing briefs not just at meets but at the local pools and beaches. We need to be more like Europe, Australia and Brazil.

• I have bought a pair of sauvage brief. I like, but there's no lining and tend to fade pretty fast. I def wear briefs at beaches. I'm in pretty good shape, not quite a six pack, but wear what makes you comfortable!

• Nick C said:

I have bought a pair of sauvage brief. I like, but there's no lining and tend to fade pretty fast. I def wear briefs at beaches. I'm in pretty good shape, not quite a six pack, but wear what makes you comfortable!

What other briefs have you purchased that fit like the Sauvage briefs? Do you have another favorite brand of brief? Currently I'm about 5'7" and 130 with a 31" waist. So I tend to purchase small or medium. I wish that more people would state their waist size and the size suit the bought when posting reviews. Suits seem to vary a lot by brands.

• OCST Swimmer said:

Nick C said:

I have bought a pair of sauvage brief. I like, but there's no lining and tend to fade pretty fast. I def wear briefs at beaches. I'm in pretty good shape, not quite a six pack, but wear what makes you comfortable!

What other briefs have you purchased that fit like the Sauvage briefs? Do you have another favorite brand of brief? Currently I'm about 5'7" and 130 with a 31" waist. So I tend to purchase small or medium. I wish that more people would state their waist size and the size suit the bought when posting reviews. Suits seem to vary a lot by brands.

I'm 6'1 and about 160. I usually order 34-36. I have a pair of aqua sphere apollo brief, I would is close to sauvage. And it's lined in the front.

• Those Sauvage briefs look really nice. I've never worn the Turbo polo briefs but from what I've read they tend to stretch less than a regular swim brief so they may feel different from the Sauvage. I've had both a Sporti Euro brief and a ClubSwim (called iSwim now?) brief for about 6 months and really like swimming in them. They have held up about as good as my TYR racer.

Yes like you I really wish more men would wear briefs/ square cuts to the beach and pools here in the US. I have worn my briefs at the beach a few times now; what a freeing experience. American men are so scared to wear brief swimwear and for what it's worth I can understand the fears since I just started wearing "speedos" a couple years ago. It's no secret that we have a major obesity epidemic going on these days so I understand why many guys would not feel comfortable with the image of wearing tight fitting swimwear. I don't think its any secret that homophobia also plays a big role in these fears since swim briefs are almost universally perceived as "gay attire" in the US. This did not seem to be the case several decades ago. Not to mention that Americans have some weird hangups when it comes to seeing the male body.

It takes a lot of confidence to step out in a swim brief for the first time in public, even in a fitness pool setting. A guy has to really be comfortable with his body and secure in his sexuality and not care what others think. It is ridiculous that men are expected to wear baggy uncomfortable "swimwear" down to the knees here. I even see guys at our pool wearing baggy shorts to swim laps and to be quite honest they look a little silly to me but that's just my opinion.

• I agree with your statement and suggestion. My sauvage is a great pool-side and beach suit, but I love my Arenas and Sporti for lap swimming. And, your encouragement of people adding body details is a great tip, too. I am 140 at 5'11" with a 30" waist in Washington state. American culture, if not homophobic, has this thing about what some might refer to as penis shaming.
    We are taught they are ugly and that no one wants to see them.
    We are taught that you are best to hide and conceal its existence. We are taught to never talk about it, and lordy lordy, do no say the word in public! Cheers! Matt